Author's note: Richard didn't have a URL for this so I'm publishing it here. It's a long read -- but worth it, especially the article at the end, and especially stuff you should know if you ever plain to vaccine your kids (or yourself!) And here's the link to my thoughts on the subject, entitled "Vaccines: Why I no longer shoot up". http://jpstillwater.blogspot.com/2015/05/vaccines-why-i-no-longer-shoot-up.html
I was not interested in doing extensive research on vaccinations, but in the brief time I did spend, I was surprised at how much evidence there is that vaccinations do pose a danger and may even bring on autism.
The one point I got for sure is that environmental stress is a definite component in the rise in autism, and that this environmental stress includes vaccinations.
1. At this Autism Society website, they say:
Various sites that appear to be quite mainstream claim Autism is caused by both a genetic link/weakness plus environmental stresses -- such as heavy metals like mercury, aluminum, etc., found in vaccines (CDC site below confirms this), pesticides and other chemicals.
Research indicates other factors besides the genetic component are contributing to the rise in increasing occurrence of autism – for example, environmental toxins (e.g., heavy metals such as mercury), which are more prevalent than in the past. Those with autism (or those at risk) may be especially vulnerable to such toxins, as their ability to metabolize and detoxify these exposures might be compromised.
2. And from the National Autism Association
On their page entitled: "Vaccines and Immunizations" and
subtitled: "Ingredients of Vaccines - Fact Sheet"
- Aluminum gels or salts of aluminum which are added as adjuvants to help the vaccine stimulate a better response. Adjuvants help promote an earlier, more potent response, and more persistent immune response to the vaccine.
- Antibiotics which are added to some vaccines to prevent the growth of germs (bacteria) during production and storage of the vaccine. No vaccine produced in the United States contains penicillin.
- Egg protein is found in influenza and yellow fever vaccines, which are prepared using chicken eggs. Ordinarily, persons who are able to eat eggs or egg products safely can receive these vaccines.
- Formaldehyde is used to inactivate bacterial products for toxoid vaccines, (these are vaccines that use an inactive bacterial toxin to produce immunity.) It is also used to kill unwanted viruses and bacteria that might contaminate the vaccine during production. Most formaldehyde is removed from the vaccine before it is packaged.
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG) and 2-phenoxy-ethanol which are used as stabilizers in a few vaccines to help the vaccine remain unchanged when the vaccine is exposed to heat, light, acidity, or humidity.
- Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative that is added to vials of vaccine that contain more than one dose to prevent contamination and growth of potentially harmful bacteria.
For children with a prior history of allergic reactions to any of these substances in vaccines, parents should consult their child’s healthcare provider before vaccination.
4. The number of Vaccines that a child in the U.S. receives by the age of 6 has increased from 7 in 1950 to 36 today.
Thus we have this added environmental stress on our children that can increase the possibility of complications including autism.
5. And the incidence of Autism has increased tremendously in the U.S. At the Autism Society website http://www.autism-society.org/what-is/facts-and-statistics/ the say: About 1 percent of the world population has autism spectrum disorder. (CDC, 2014). Prevalence in the United States is estimated at 1 in 68 births. (CDC, 2014). More than 3.5 million Americans live with an autism spectrum disorder. (Buescher et al., 2014).
6. Why require vaccinations? On the FAQs page of the National Autism Association at: http://nationalautismassociation.org/about-naa/faqs-about-naa/
7. l end with this long article and ask why require vaccinations, and why attack parents who refuse?