Saturday, June 04, 2005

I need frequent flyer miles to go to an October conference in Jerusalem. Got any extra ones?

I was watching Barbara Scherr on public television last night and she was saying, "If you are happy, you are doing what you are supposed to be doing." Okay. Does that mean that because George Bush is happily bombing babies that he is doing what he is supposed to be doing?

So. I got to thinking. What would make ME happy? Going to this conference in Jerusalem. How can I DO that? Frequent flyer miles? I don't have any. Do any of your Republican friends have any? I could borrow them and PROMISE to give them back?

To paraphrase Grover Norquist's famous quote, "We need to starve corporate welfare queens until they are small enough to drown in the bathtub!" Let's start by taking away their tax breaks and all those subsidies that normal business folks don't get -- and then take away their frequent flyer miles (and give them to me!)


Or if you could help pay part of my airfare, I could be a correspondent for your newspaper or bring you something back. Roman coins? Something from Bethlehem? Let me know at jpstillwater@yahoo.com. Thanks.