Tuesday, September 30, 2008






See ya at the Fair: I'm gonna get to go to the Palin-Biden debate too!

(Photos are of me at Graceland the morning after the Obama-McCain debate in Mississippi and at the Las Vegas airport during a layover -- I won $40!)

"You've just GOT to come see the Palin-Biden debate," said my friend Patrick who lives in St. Louis.

"Gee, I don't know," I replied. "I just got back from the Obama-McCain debate and that trip was exhausting. Hey, I'm a little old lady. I need my rest. And besides, I'm leaving for Iran on October 9 and I still don't have a THING to wear for that trip." I mean seriously. What DO they wear in Iran? Probably the same thing they wear in America -- lots of polyester. But then Patrick finally persuaded me to go by telling me that St. Louis was the murder capital of America. I can't miss that. Plus it's got golden arches. And it's a hecka lot closer as a source of hot news items than going all the way to Iraq.

So I borrowed some more frequent flyer miles, made a flight reservation to arrive in St Louis at 12:30 am on the day of the debate, dug my sleeping bag out of the closet and wrote out my will. I'm ready to go.

Now if only Sarah Palin is ready to go too.

Rumor has it that Palin is currently chained to a table in the U-Penn library, memorizing data like crazy so she can just plug in some talking-points when certain buzz-words come up and won't have to think -- or else she is getting ready to drop out of the race altogether by pleading a family emergency or a war breaking out in Iraq or something.

In any case, whatever happens on October 2 in St. Louis, I'll be there! And I promise to report back all the hot gossip -- unless of course the Secret Service tries to throw me in jail this time too.