Saturday, July 01, 2023

Thoughts while touring Slovakia: Where the hell is Bratislava???



Thoughts while touring Slovakia: Where the hell is Bratislava???

     My camera just broke!  Shite.  How can I prove to myself that I've been to a place if I don't have photos of it in my screensaver rotation when I get back home?  Do I really exist if I don't have a selfie of me at that palace in Lednice?  It's philosophical questions like this that are always tripping me up.

      Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia and it too has a palace.  There are Disney Cinderella palaces all over Central Europe.  I've toured through ten of them so far and I haven't even gotten to Vienna yet.  Them Hapsburgs really knew how to jam.  

     It's lovely here.  Tourist paradise.  So why should I spoil the vibe by thinking about Ukra$ne, right across the border from here?  If I don't go take selfies of me with all those dead Ukra$nian children, all those billions of wasted American dollars and all those burned-out Leopard tanks, does that mean that they don't really exist?  And that Europe can go back to the way that it was before Nuland screwed the 2014 Minsk Accord pooch and set Wagner lose on Eastern Europe?  Before Belarus and Poland started clambering for their very own nuclear weapons?  Before all of us started drowning in a tsunami of propaganda that is washing our lives away?

      It's philosophical questions like these that keep tripping me up.
 
    Europe and Russia clearly did not learn any lessons from either Vietnam or Iraq.  "It's dangerous to have America as an enemy -- but even more dangerous to have America as a friend."

      Screw philosophy.  I'm gonna go find some strudel and beer.  "No, you can't have beer in Moravia.  This is a wine-drinking region."  Fine.  I'll go find me some Bratislavský rožok and Balenie obsahuje trnavskú medovinu instead.  

******************

       Stop Wall Street, War Street, Big Pharma and Big Tech from destroying our world.  And while you're at it, please buy my books https://www.amazon.com/Jane-Stillwater/e/B00IW6O1RM%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share
 

 
I'm also trying to raise funds for my next research project -- in Bolivia!  Here's the link to my GiveSendGo account.  Please give even five or ten dollars?  This is important.  Don't make me beg!  Plus if you donate $50 or more, you will also get one of my books thrown in free.  https://givesendgo.com/Bolivianeedsme?utm_source=sharelink&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=Bolivianeedsme