Monday, July 03, 2006

How to save the captured Israeli soldier: Ship him off to the Hague for trial

Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has been jumping up and down so vigorously lately about that "kidnapped" soldier that I'm afraid he's gonna follow Ariel Sharon's example and have a stroke too. "If they don't release Cpl. Shalit, I am going to assassinate the Palestinian Prime Minister!" he cried.

Yeah, then what? The Palestinians are gonna retaliate and assassinate you? Sounds childish to me. I got a better idea.

Let's send Cpl. Gilad Shalit to the Hague and try him there. It's a neutral place. He'll get a fair trial. He's a soldier. Was he "only following orders" or not? I want to know. The Palestinians want to know. Maybe Olmert doesn't want to know but, hey, perhaps this will keep him from having a stroke.

And justice will be served.