Friday, October 01, 2004

Kucinich fans take heart: George Bush is short too!

When Dennis Kucinich was running for President last spring, media pundits told us again and again, "He'll never win. He's too short." As if shortness was the measure of one's ability to lead a nation.

All that changed on September 30 as I watched the Presidential debates and realized that GEORGE BUSH IS SHORT TOO! So. It's given me new hope that Dennis Kucinich could become President in 2008!

Don't you just love a good debate? We learn so much about the candidates. However, I had to disagree with my young neighbor who came over to watch the debates with us. "Bush does NOT look like a monkey," I told her -- even after she had directed me to
http://www.bushorchimp.com/.

I was also surprised at how intelligently Bush performed without his handlers feeding him scripts.

But the highlight of the debate came when Laura Bush and Theresa Kerry came onstage wearing identical pink outfits. They looked at each other, laughed and gave each other big hugs -- a wonderful example of using diplomacy instead of preemptive strikes!

After listening to Bush's rosy picture describing American progress in Iraq last night, I was shocked this morning to read the following article by Wall Street Journal reporter Farnaz Fassihi regarding what it is REALLY like in Baghdad:
http://www.forward.com/campaignconfidential/archives/001096.php