Wednesday, August 12, 2020


Death by Despair: Schools are essential businesses too!

     Damn, I've been depressed lately.  This whole COVID thingie is really getting me down.  First they cancelled a book conference that I was totally looking forward to next month.  Then they cancelled the Democratic presidential convention.  Then they limited the Republican presidential convention's size by not allowing the press to attend (that would be me -- now I gotta go sit on the curb across the street.)  And then my other favorite book conference was just cancelled too -- scheduled to have taken place a full eight months from now.  And they even cancelled my birthday party!  018 // Nick Pineault - COVID: It Was Just A Bad Flu After All - The EMF Guy

     But when they cancelled Thanksgiving, Halloween, Eid, Hanukkah and even Christmas, my entire freaking soul did a belly-flop.  Nothing to look forward to.  No reason to live.  Might as well just get corona and die now.  https://consentfactory.org/2020/08/09/invasion-of-the-new-normals/

     And who the freak wants to wear face masks since forever -- and be heavily fined and/or jailed if we don't put them on.

     Gloom overtook me.

     Then I started thinking about America's children.  No "first day of school" photos for them to look forward to either.  How come it's okay for WalMart workers, home appliance retailers, golfers and banksters to be exposed to COVID but teachers can't take the same risks?  And what exactly are the dangers of "Death by Despair" to our kids?  That should be taken into consideration too when deciding not to open our schools.  What will happen to this new "Generation C"?  Sucks to be them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-uk-child-suicide-mental-health-nhs-a9617671.html 

  Q&A: Michael Levitt on why there shouldn’t be a lockdown, how he’s been tracking coronavirus | The Stanford Daily

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/03/generation-covid-coronavirus-children-help

     Never tell me that IKEA is an essential business but education is not.

     And don't even get me started on the recent "Friday Night Massacre" at the U.S. Postal Service.  Now I won't even have my daily trip to the mailbox to look forward to?  Just shoot me and get it over with. 
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/12/conspiracy-steal-election-folks-alarms-sound-after-postal-worker-reports-removal

     But then I took 10,000 thingies of Vitamin C and 7,000 thingies of Vitamin D, hugged a redwood tree and walked for two miles in the countryside.  Now I feel better.  Sort of.  Do you?

PS:  I actually went over to IKEA yesterday.  There must have been at least 500 people there, buying pillows, sheets, dinnerware, coffee tables and sofas like crazy.  Nope, no coronavirus is ever gonna come between Americans and their furniture needs!   Too bad they don't feel the same way about schooling.

Resources:

What the freak really did happen in Beirut?  Could be that the ship was planted like the original Trojan Horse (only 2700 years later) and led into the city by the Usual Suspects, to be blown up at leisure.  http://thesaker.is/who-profits-from-the-beirut-tragedy/?inmoderation

What does a top Aussie doctor say about Australia's lock-down?  "Essentially, we are risking a 10-20-fold increase in mortality in those aged under 60 from COVID lockdowns compared to COVID itself.  This is on top of the devastation caused to our society due to a collapsed economy with poorer health, education, sports and the arts."  If I was under age 60 and living down under, I'd be totally pissed off! http://asenseofplacemagazine.com/deathly-lockdowns-compound-australias-covid-fiasco/


Nasrallah says that Hezbollah didn't do it -- and that now is the time for compassion and help instead of finger-pointing.  I believe him on both counts (but somehow my finger just keeps pointing West anyway).  https://resistancenews.org/2020/08/08/nasrallah-denies-any-hezbollah-activities-at-the-port-and-calls-to-end-corruption-and-impunity-full-speech/

_________________________________________

Stop Wall Street and War Street (and Big Pharma) from destroying our world.   And while you're at it, please buy my books.  https://www.amazon.com/Jane-Stillwater/e/B00IW6O1RM