Tuesday, February 18, 2020


Desperately seeking Tijuana: Does anyone know how to find asylum-seekers camps there?

     "Just say what you want and why you want it," said my friend.  Okay.  Here goes.

     "I plan to go to a book conference in San Diego in a few weeks and on March 11, 2020, I will have a free day and want to cross the border into Tijuana to try to find an asylum-seekers' camp so I can write about what is going on down there."  http://www.leftcoastcrime.org/2020/

     "Why in the freak would you want to do that?" replied my friend.  "Children in cages.  Starving and abused immigrants.  We already know all that.  We've been knowing that for years now.  Zero tolerance.  'Remain in Mexico'.  The Wall.  Poverty and horror.  We've already been knowing all that.  Problem solved.  Old news.  Stay home."

     "But I still want to know what is actually going on in the world -- not just what they tell us on TV.  And, even more important, if America hadn't invaded and plundered so many Latin American countries over the years, none of this shite would even be happening.  I want to find out those stories too."

     "Yeah, but...." replied my friend.  "Do you even know anybody in Tijuana?  How to get there?  Who to see?  What it will cost?  How not to get robbed and beaten up?"  Uh, no.

     But maybe somebody reading this will know?  Will get me across the border?  Will find me a taxi?  Will give me pesos and besos to give to little kids living in tents -- if they are lucky enough to even have tents?

     Somebody's gotta do this kind of stuff.  And keep doing it until it stops.  Somebody in America has to finally start actually acting like a real Christian.  "Might as well be me."  Or you.

     So.  Ask around.  Let me know.  Or even come with me.  Thanks.
__________________________________________

Stop Wall Street and War Street from destroying our world.   And while you're at it, please buy my books.  https://www.amazon.com/Jane-Stillwater/e/B00IW6O1RM