Friday, January 03, 2020


Almost like a death in the family: Should I let my little red car die peacefully?

     "You gotta pass the smog test!" the department of motor vehicles screams at me.  So I obediently drive my sweet little red 1990 Toyota Tercel down to the local gas station -- and it passes the emissions test with flying colors.

     Good job, little car!

     But then the "check engine" light won't turn off.  Defective part.  "Sorry but they don't make that part any more," sez my mechanic.  So my car fails the smog test after all.  But am I really ready to let my little red car die?  Just like that?  After 30 long loyal years of faithful service?  What would Greta Thunberg do?

     Of course the right thing to do is to give up my little red car -- and help save the human race.  But then I look around me.  No one else is giving up any of their cars.

     And no one else is giving up their pollution-causing "wars" either.  War is the number-one polluter and cause of climate crisis on the planet today -- but I don't see anyone in Washington DC volunteering to give up their F-35s.  https://www.globalresearch.ca/battle-liberate-idlib-province-us-supported-terrorists/5699039

     Perhaps we should make it a mandatory requirement that all those thousands and thousands of gas-guzzling toxin-emitting made-in-America tanks, bomber jets, aircraft carriers, drones, Blackhawks, Tomahawks, space-force launchers, nuclear missiles, etc. be forced to take a smog test too!  http://www.currentinvective.com/issue.php

     And speaking of whether or not to die peacefully, we Americans are not being given that choice -- but Medicare-for-all would go a long way toward solving that problem, right?

     And speaking of all those toxic, smog-emitting tanks, bomber jets, nuclear missiles and other gross weapons of death?  They have all been out there on the front lines both here and abroad, faithfully winning all sorts of "wars".  They have won various "wars" on Afghans, Vietnamese, Iraqis, Central Americans, Syrians, Americans, Palestinians and Yemenis -- just to name a few.  The only catch to all these victories is that the winners have only been the greedy and shameless war-profiteers who started them for fun and profit in the first place. https://resistancenews.org/2020/01/04/nasrallahs-statement-about-qasem-soleimanis-murder/

     It's only average Americans like you and me who have lost all these wars.
__________________________________________

Stop Wall Street and War Street from destroying our world.   And while you're at it, please buy my books.  https://www.amazon.com/Jane-Stillwater/e/B00IW6O1RM