Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Budapest and Jenin: History repeats itself


Budapest and Jenin:  History repeats itself

     Yesterday I was wandering down by the banks of the blue Danube river, in beautifully elegant Budapest.  Shoes, just shoes, only shoes, lined the river bank at one point.  They were cast-off shoes, set in bronze, sadly commemorating that dark day when an armed cohort of Nazi "Arrow Cross" madmen slaughtered 3,500 innocent people there, including 800 Jews, back in 1944. 

     I'm not ashamed to admit that I broke down and cried at the sight of those empty shoes, those emblems of lost souls, lost to madness and "war".

     And now history repeats itself again in Israel -- except the script is flipped and Zionists are the ones committing the murders.  "In the early morning hours of Monday, July 3, 2023, Zionist forces began invading and assaulting Jenin city and refugee camp with a massive military presence involving 1,000 soldiers and at least 150 armored Caterpillar bulldozers, armed drones, armored vehicles and aerial military equipment."

     Perhaps the citizens of Jenin should put shoes out by their riverbank too.  

     Tomorrow I will be in Vienna.  There will be a protest march in the Stephansplaz.  I will be there.  Bringing my shoes.  "...and then they came for me."  Never forget.

******************

       Stop Wall Street, War Street, Big Pharma and Big Tech from destroying our world.  And while you're at it, please buy my books https://www.amazon.com/Jane-Stillwater/e/B00IW6O1RM%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share
 

 
I'm also trying to raise funds for my next research project -- in Bolivia!  Here's the link to my GiveSendGo account.  Please give even five or ten dollars?  This is important.  Don't make me beg!  Plus if you donate $50 or more, you will also get one of my books thrown in free.  https://givesendgo.com/Bolivianeedsme?utm_source=sharelink&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=Bolivianeedsme